Financial Analysis Supervisor - Biltmore Corporate Office/Phoenix
Schedule: Full-time hours per week: 40
National Bank of Arizona is looking for a Financial Analyst Supervisor to join Arizona’s #1 Bank.
The position will be part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, and will be primarily responsible for both overseeing and individually contributing in the preparation and analysis of management reporting, assisting with forecasting and budgeting activities, designing and implementing financial models, and assisting internal customers with understanding and interpreting their financial results. Through strong leadership and sound financial analysis, the incumbent will serve as an internal expert on standard and ad hoc management reporting, complex financial models, product pricing, and assist the FP&A manager in a variety of capacities.
This leadership role is critical in helping FP&A execute on its mission by performing and overseeing complex analyses of operational effectiveness that factor in a variety of macro and micro-economic variables. The ideal candidate will have a high degree of expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, using advanced features, formulas, and charts, as well as experience using different reporting packages, such as Business Objects, Hyperion, SmartView, Oracle, QlikView, and Microsoft Access.
- Requires a combination of leadership and individual contribution from someone who is a self-motivated, critical thinker who can develop ideas, conduct research on complex concepts and processes, and recommend viable solutions.
- Coach, lead, and participate in the development and mentoring of team members.
- Ability to understand complex risk-based profitability or economic value added modeling.
- Support preparation of key financial packages for Pricing Committee, Executive Committee, Advisory Board, and Executive Budget/Business Review Meetings.
- Reviews cost structures, performs cost allocations and measures product and line of business profitability.
- Performs valuation, budgeting and forecasting activities including assessing proper capital allocation for credit risk, evaluating hedging and interest rate risk management strategies.
- Participates in forecasting future results for the Bank, for lines of business and departments.
- Create and analyze financial statements and other financial documents to aide management in decision making process.
- Prepare short and long term financial planning and reporting for key performance indicators.
- Continued focus on business process improvement to optimize current processes and implement new solutions that improve the efficiency of the FP&A Management Reporting function.
- Ability to think creatively about a business solution. Exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness in decision making and problem solving.
- Recommend improvements to maximize process efficiency and report management.
- Investigate data issues, perform analyses with strong attention to detail; proposes and executes solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders throughout the company to assess and prioritize FP&A related needs.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both verbal and written. Effective consulting, facilitation, and presentation skills. Ability to multi-task and communicate with all levels of the organization, including senior and executive management.
- Management reporting, forecasting, accounting, and/or project management experience in a large financial services environment preferred.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Supports and upholds employment policies including EEOC and Affirmative Action, and bank goals, objectives and regulations. Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or related field and 7+ years experience in finance, accounting, management reporting, financial analysis, or other directly related experience.
- Management experience preferred. Requires advanced knowledge of financial analysis methods, management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, spread analysis, credit, lending and underwriting processes and principles.
- Ability to work individually and lead a team.
- Ability to comprehend and develop complex financial models.
- Must have strong analytical and management skills.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Mid-Large size financial institution experience highly desired
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prepare oral and written reports.
- Ability to work in a heavily deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to identify, research, coordinate and resolve issues.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
- Experience with various business intelligence and reporting tools, from spreadsheets and word processing to SAP Business Objects BI tools, Hyperion, Oracle, QlikView, SQL, and ETL concepts / tools.
Work LocationsUnited States-Arizona-Maricopa County
AZ - Biltmore Office
6001 North 24th Street
Finance & Accounting