Credit Analyst (Commercial Banking) - Biltmore/Phoenix, AZ
Schedule: Full-time hours per week: 40
- Conducts credit investigations, credit and loan analysis, underwriting and other documentation information pertaining to loan analysis.
- Investigates all available sources of credit and financial information, including reporting services, credit bureaus, other companies, main office files, and branches.
- May meet with and interviewing customers to develop a strong understanding of the loan request and the business relationship ensures the accuracy and completeness of financial information received for loan renewals.
- Analyzes financial statements and related material and makes recommendations for approvals of credits.
- Analyzes financial conditions and trends; reviews and reports non-compliance with loan covenants.
- Determines cash flow using appropriate tax analysis.
- Prepares summaries, presents facts, and offers opinions concerning credit-worthiness and any risk items or issues.
- Provides credit information and references for customers, loan officers, or other agencies as requested.
- Ensures that all credit files include current financial statements, agency reports, etc.
- May make recommendations for loan structure.
- Maintains control over current accounts, noting payment progress, watching for any developing problems, and keep loan officers informed.
- Keeps abreast of all new credit regulations and laws and ensures compliance with such.
- May assists with projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's in finance, business, accounting or a related field and 1+ yrs credit/financial analysis, lending, underwriting or other directly related experience.
- A combination of education and experience may meet job requirements.
- Basic working knowledge of financial and spread analysis, credit, lending and underwriting processes and principles.
- Some experience working with various types of loans.
- Basic working knowledge of credit risk, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work with lending officers and staff.
- Good client relationship and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to make sound decisions and recommendations regarding loans.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs including spreadsheets, word processing, etc. required.
Work LocationsUnited States-Arizona-Maricopa County
AZ - Biltmore Office
6001 North 24th Street